Any skincare expert worth their salt will tell you not to leave home without applying sunscreen. Every time you step outside, your skin is exposed to harmful sun rays - UV radiation - which can damage the epidermal layers of the skin.
It is hard to know the extent of damage your skin endures because some of it happens gradually. Too much or prolonged exposure to the sun can result in several skin conditions such as wrinkles, fine lines, and even cancer.
The best way to protect your skin from sun damage is by using an all-natural sunscreen. With the right protection, you can sport your favorite bikini, or lounge on the beach on a sunny day (following sensible exposure guidelines of course!) However, it goes beyond just applying sunscreen, choosing the right product is key.
Finding the Best Natural Sunscreen
When it comes to protecting your skin, there are a few questions you need to find answers for:
- How much time do you spend in the sun?
- Are there health benefits to exposing your skin to the sun?
- What’s the level of protection sunscreen offers?
- Are there ingredients to avoid?
If you can answer these questions then finding the best product shouldn’t be difficult. Whatever you do, remember to go for an all-natural mineral-based sunscreen. This is because natural, mineral-based sunscreens are perfect for people of all ages and skin types. They are safe for use and offer excellent broad-spectrum protection.
What’s more, you can get these all-natural sunscreens at affordable deals and offers by using the latest Not the Norm voucher codes. You are not only using the best sunscreen to protect your skin from sunburn but also getting it at an excellent price.
Is Exposure to Sun Good?
Your body needs Vitamin D to boost the immune system and for healthy bones, among other things, but do you know your body produces this essential vitamin when exposed to the sun? Exposing your skin to the sun for at least 5-15 minutes a couple of times a week can boost your skin's production of vitamin D. Soak up the sun's rays and enjoy the fresh outdoor air!
This doesn’t mean you should spend hours in the sun with unprotected skin. Do not overexpose your skin to the sun. If you’ll be spending more time outdoors, wear sunscreen, and protect your skin.
What’s in the Best Organic Sunscreens?
Ditch the commercial sunscreen products that contain harsh chemicals, instead opt for organic sunscreen with safe, effective ingredients for both young and old. With an all-natural organic sunscreen, you have nothing to worry about as they are perfect for the entire family. The best ingredients include:
- Non-nano Zinc Oxide: Zinc Oxide is the best primary active ingredient used in most organic sunscreens. It is safe for use on even the most sensitive skin.
- Unrefined Organic Shea Butter: Made from the shea nut, this ingredient increases the level of vitamin A and E. These vitamins help the skin heal faster. Not only that, but it also helps keep the skin moisturised and contains anti-oxidants.
- Unrefined Natural Beeswax: this ingredient also helps keep the skin moisturised and also possesses some skin-soothing properties.
- Coconut oil: contains properties that help rebuild dead skin cells, resulting in healthy skin all year round. It offers the best protection from sunburn.
Don’t misjudge the sun's strength. Lounging in the sun for a few minutes is great for our wellbeing: it is a crucial source of Vitamin D, helps us sleep better, and is a great mood lifter. However,be aware of the time of day it is, what the UV index is for the location you are in, what altitude you're at and how reflective the surfaces around you are: these are all factors that determine the risk. If you need additional skin protection, go for an all-natural sunscreen such as Shade as it is lovely to use and chemical-free. In addition, it comes with the perfect SPF to protect your skin, and it keeps your skin moisturised and hydrated, naturally!