We hope you enjoy our guest author, Khush Mark, PhD.
Khush runs a successful practice in the UK which is a marriage of various therapies, Nutritional Medicine, Homeopathy, and Rapid Transformational Therapy, which result in what some may call ‘miracle cures’. Khush works with a wide range of conditions from diabetes, weight issues, auto-immune conditions. The core belief is, “You are what you think as well as what you eat ”. One can eat the CLEANEST, ORGANIC and IN SEASON diet but still not be dis-ease free. The mission is simple: To help people live the fullest life they are capable of’.
Go grabs some vitamin D
Our life depends upon this big shining, burning star and so does our Vitamin D. Most people are being ‘prescribed’ vitamin D by their doctor or the NHS, and sadly it usually does not contain the HOLY TRINITY of all 3 vitamins. This can lead to arteriosclerosis, kidney stones, bone spurs, and other forms of calcification.
The other day I received a text from a family member saying she has been prescribed vitamin D for the rest of her life! Really? Since when did this happen?
Vitamin D can ‘switch on and off’ genes and hence is incredibly powerful. Taking it in isolation for a long time or even a lifetime is rather nonsensical. Vitamin D is part of what I call a ‘HOLY TRINITY‘, Vitamin D, A, and K. Check out what vitamin D supplements contain, most have no respect for this TRINITY (for more on this you can check out my blogs on VITAMIN D Alert part 1 and VITAMIN D Alert part 2
Firstly, it is vital to get out doors, even if you live in a place where the sun does not shine much (I live in the UK and I have this experience and I yearn for the Indian hot weather by February), nature has so many benefits for the soul, BUT WHEN the sun shines, then make time for your health. Soak in it for at least 10 minutes during the midday sun.
Also if we lather ourselves with sunblock, we are defeating the object. If you require sunblock (thinking of the Celts) then avoid the ones with toxins and ensure that you get some of the rays onto your bare skin. First and foremost get outside, wear sunblock creams that are free from chemicals such as SHADE All-Natural Sunscreen that I recommend to clients with not much melanin also get those greens in you to increase your antioxidant levels, because no matter whether you have white or black skin the sun can create something called ‘oxidation’ (more of this in my eBOOK).
Here are a few points on vitamin D
- Vitamin D is made in our body by the presence of the UVB from that big star we call the sun.
- We need the outdoors to expose our skin to this vital ray of life
- Vitamin D is actually made from cholesterol so if you are on cholesterol-lowering drugs then you may have just swapped ‘high cholesterol’ for poor bone health, or poor immunity, or even hormonal havoc
- To convert the cholesterol into the active form of Vitamin D we require a good healthy liver and good healthy kidney (this is why I recommend the homeobotanicals for the liver and kidneys as well as the nutrition blend you will find more in my ebook)
So what are the benefits of Vitamin D? Well, the list is pretty endless as newer and newer biochemical processes are being discovered that involves Vitamin D. Some of these benefits are…..
- Strong and healthy bones
- Reduction of all manner of cardiovascular health issues from reducing heart disease, atherosclerosis, blood pressure
- Reduction of strokes
- Prevention of auto-immune conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease, Grave’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis
- Boosting various biochemical processes in the body as it improves DNA repair
- Helps fight infections
- Reduces the risk of cancer (unless you are applying toxin-laden sun cream)
So how can you manage to keep up that Vitamin D without all the confusion, well catch the rays, do not use a sunblock that contains toxins that are cancer-causing themselves (have you ever wondered why there is an increase in skin cancer even though we are literally lathering ourselves with sunblock? And when the sun is ‘hibernating’ Eat plenty of vitamin D rich foods. The only Vitamin D supplement that I have found to be safe and more WHOLE is the VEGAN SOURCE from Cytoplan but I would encourage you to work with a qualified nutritionist on this, either way, when supplementing vitamin D, it is important to have your levels tested regularly (more about what vitamin D to test for HERE).
If you have read this far then here is a coupon code that entitles you to a 15% discount off the SHADE ALL NATURAL SUNSCREEN.
Khush Mark PhD