Do not sell my personal information
Your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides you with rights regarding how your data or personal information is treated. Under the legislation, California residents can choose to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information to third parties. Based on the CCPA definition, “sale” refers to data collection for the purpose of creating advertising and other communications. Learn more about CCPA and your privacy rights.
How to opt out
If you do not reside in California...
If you are on this page from anywhere other than California, please note that as a policy, Not the Norm Ltd does not sell anyone's personal information, never has done, and never will do.
Shade™ is a mineral based broad spectrum sunscreen for every body - even those of you who are unable to use any other sunscreens.
There are no toxic chemicals, no unnecessary fragrances, no liquid polymers or microplastics that could damage your health or the environment!
Carefully selected ingredients
We use our favourite sustainable Coconoil™ unrefined virgin organic Coconut Oil which is also Soil Association certified.
Widely acknowledged as offering the safest, broadest-spectrum sun protection possible, we have used a pharmaceutical grade uncoated, non-Nano Zinc Oxide, which also has a cooling, slightly astringent, antiseptic, antibacterial and protective action on the skin, making Shade™ a perfect aftersun also.
We use a pure, sustainably-sourced unrefined beeswax which is completely non-toxic, locks in moisture, has excellent water-repellant properties and naturally nourishes the skin. In cosmetics, beeswax is an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-allergenic and a germicidal antioxidant making it a perfect sunscreen ingredient.
You can also find us at...
Frequently asked questions
1. Who is Shade suitable for?
2. How should I apply Shade?
3. What constitutes 'Apply Generously'?
4. How does Sun Protection Factor (SPF) actually work?
5. Does ShadeTM protect against UVA as well as UVB?
6. Does Shade leave a white cast on the skin?
7. Why do you only make an SPF25?
8. How can I trust that it's a really effective sunscreen?
9. What tests has Shade undergone?
10. Is Shade water resistant?
11. Is Shade tested on animals?
12. So what's so bad about commercial, chemical-based, sunscreens?
13. Is Shade reef safe/marine friendly?
14. What is Shade’s shelf life?
15. Why is it packed in a tin and not a bottle or a tube like other sunscreens?
Enoy the sunshine
- Regular price
- £3.75 GBP
- Regular price
- Sale price
- £3.75 GBP
- Unit price
Unrefined Organic Shea Butter*, Virgin Unrefined Organic Coconut Oil*, Non-Nano Zinc Oxide (18%), 100% Pure Unrefined Natural Beeswax
*Certified Soil Association Organic Ingredients
Store above 18 degrees centigrade to keep soft. High wax and oil content will otherwise make the product harder to apply if stored in colder temperatures.
Apply generously. Works immediately. Reapply regularly at least every 2 - 3 hours or after exposure to water or after sweating.
The "Bobbly" Ones
Want exactly the same product, but to pay less for it? Head over to our Waste Not, Want Not page.